Marine Safety Links
The U.S. Coast Guard, Environmental Protection Agency, NOAA, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and others have a variety of programs to make our oceans, estuaries and wateries cleaner, safer, and more enjoyable for all users.
Sea Partners Website (USCG)
- The Sea Partners Campaign is an environmental education and outreach program focused on communities at large to develop community awareness of maritime pollution issues and to improve compliance with marine environmental protection laws and regulations. This is the Coast Guard's Official site.
Oceans and Coastal Protection
- U.S. EPA's Oceans and Coastal Proetction Division. Information about protecting the coastal watershed, preventing marine pollution, public health and protection at beaches, and more.
EPA Beach Monitoring & Notification
- The EPA's Beaches Environmental Assessment and Coastal Health (BEACH) program is focused on improving public health and environmental protection for United States beaches.
NOAA Fisheries Service
- Dedicated to the stewardship of living marine resources through science-based conservation and management, and the promotion of healthy ecosystems.
National Estuary Program
- Information from the EPA about the program to protect and restore the health to our estuaries while supporting multiple uses.
America's Waterway Watch
America’s Waterway Watch (AWW) is a counter-terrorism public outreach effort by the Coast Guard, Coast Guard Auxiliary, and other federal, state and local agencies tasked with the responsibility of maritime security. The purpose of America’s Waterway Watch is to use the “eyes and ears” of waterfront users, such as boaters, marina operators and other waterfront concessionaires, to detect and report suspicious activity that may be terrorist related.